Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Refurbished Furniture!

This chest used to be the primary colors. Joseph & I picked it up at a swap meet for $15. I sanded it a little then painted it black and then crackled it with red on top. I don't think the picture really does it justice, but I love it.
Steve is a pack rat, he doesn't like to get rid of anything. Although, Although I have to admit he is getting a lot better. He bought this desk for $10 before we got married, over 9 years ago and has not been able to let go. The above picture is the before shot which is actually the first refurbishing job. When he bought the desk is was an ugly walnut brown color with these gaudy brass handles. I quickly put him to work sanding it and then waxing it which is the above result. It's been almost nine years and I felt like it was either time to get rid of it or give it another make over. Steve, of course opted for the later...

I painted the desk black and added pewter handles. Not bad for a $12 makeover. I wonder if we will still have this desk in 10 years. I never imagined we would have it this long, but we make it work.

1 Comments:

At May 9, 2008 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Melany said...

I remember that desk from Provo! Glad to know it is still working for you, you'd better keep it forever at this point.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home