Sunday, May 11, 2008

Precocious Little Syd



The first painting is of a picture I took of Sydney when she was not quite three. I took the picture on the UW campus in Seattle. After 25 years, my dad received his PhD and we went to support him. We are so proud of him. Anyway, I completed this painting at the end of 2004. It took several months, because I am a perfectionist. My art teacher finally told me that I was done. The bottom pic is of Sydney eating an apple when she was almost four. I have yet to complete this picture. I need to lighten her hair and finish her hands. Sydney is such a thoughtful child, you can see it in her eyes. I think this pictures really capture the thoughtfulness that I always see in her eyes. Of course her eyes also tell me, before her giggles, when she is telling a "tall tale."

1 Comments:

At May 11, 2008 at 10:32 PM , Blogger Leah said...

The picture of Syd at Dad's graduation is one my favorites. You totally capture her personality in it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home