Sunday, May 11, 2008

Prisma Colors





When I found out I was pregnant with Izzie I promptly stopped oil painting. I instead learned to use prismacolor. I love this medium, there is little clean up and it is easy enough to fix mistakes.
I chose to draw this picture of Max, because when he was about 18 months he was obsessed with his "Thomas" bear and his fireman hat and frequently I would have to fight with him to keep a shirt on. I, also, love the fact that you can see his nubby little toes. It was a lot of fun to draw this picture.

I chose the picture of Syd because she looked so beautiful in her Halloween (04) costume that her aunt Becky made for her. Sydney was and will always be a little princess. She wore this dress so much and still tries to fit into it. I, also, love that I can tell in her expression how much joy she felt that day as she looked at her cousins and contemplated her next move. She's so cute.

Both pictures were completed in 2005, prior to Izzie's arrival.

1 Comments:

At May 11, 2008 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Leah said...

I love the picture of Max-o! I totally remember him in that stage. I love how you capture the happiness is Syd's eyes in her picture!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home