Saturday, June 7, 2008

Steve's painting


This is a picture of Steve's Dad, Arlie, Steve and his two brothers Ken and Kevin. I found this tiny photo when I was putting together a scrapbook for Steve in 2005. For me the picture captures so much of Steve's childhood. Steve's fond memories of his childhood center around his family and the great outdoors. Steve has always looked to his father for guidance and I love that he is the child on the log walking towards his father. I imagine when he sees his father again he will not carefully walk toward his father, but Steve will run with urgency to gratefully embrace his father. I really enjoyed painting this, especially because it has made Steve so happy to look at it everyday.

8 Comments:

At June 12, 2008 at 3:42 AM , Blogger megan said...

WOW! You are so talented Suzette!

 
At June 14, 2008 at 7:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are so AMAZING!!

 
At June 15, 2008 at 8:18 PM , Blogger Kerri said...

Wow, Suzette! I love to visit this site. You are really talented! I love the pictures of your children!

 
At June 19, 2008 at 6:41 AM , Blogger Leah said...

This is one of my favorites of your paintings!

 
At July 23, 2008 at 8:24 PM , Blogger Moushka-NorthPole said...

Suzette,
I am so proud of you! Your work is beautiful and mirrors your love for your family and spirituality.

Thanks for posting this blog so that I can watch you and your family grow.

Love,

Aunt Viki

 
At November 24, 2008 at 11:22 PM , Blogger Autumn said...

I learn something new about you all the time. How many other amazing things do you have up your sleeve?

 
At January 11, 2009 at 5:17 PM , Blogger Tickled Pink Bowtique said...

Not only can you do it all- You are amazing at everything!!

 
At May 18, 2009 at 1:39 AM , Blogger Kevin said...

Love it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home